As any pool owner knows, keeping your pool clean and properly maintained is essential to ensuring a long lifespan for your pool heater. Fortunately, with a little bit of care and attention, you can keep your wood stove pool heater in top condition for years to come.
How to properly maintain your wood stove pool heater:
To get the most out of your wood stove pool heater and to keep it running efficiently, there are a few things you need to do on a regular basis.
- First, always use dry, seasoned wood when burning on your stove. Wet or green wood will create more smoke and will not produce as much heat.
- Second, clean out the ashes from your wood stove on a regular basis. Ashes can insulate the fire and reduce its heat output.
- Third, have your wood stove checked by a professional at least once a year to make sure it is operating safely and efficiently.
The benefits of using a wood stove pool heater:
There are many benefits to using a wood burning pool heater.
- Perhaps the most obvious benefit is that it is a cheaper way to heat your pool. Wood is a renewable resource, so you can feel good about using it to heat your pool.
- Finally, a wood stove pool heater can be a great way to extend the swimming season. If you live in an area with a cooler climate, using a wood stove to heat your pool can allow you to enjoy it for weeks or even months longer than you would otherwise be able to.
Whatever your reason for choosing a wood stove pool heater, you are sure to be happy with the results.
Safety Guidelines to Follow:
When it comes to wood stove safety, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Always make sure that the stove is properly vented. Without proper ventilation, the stove will not be able to work properly and could cause a fire.
- Always use dry, seasoned wood. Wet wood will not burn as well and can create hazardous conditions.
By following these simple guidelines, you can help to ensure that your wood stove is safe to use. Also, this way, you can enjoy many years of trouble-free use from your wood stove pool heater. So, don’t wait; get started today!