There’s no shortage of flooring alternatives, these days. New material and manufacturing technology have provided a wealth of choice and new ideas. Despite the competition, there is really no replacement for hardwood as an elegant, hard wearing, and timeless selection. There are so many advantages to hardwood, you know that it will never go out of style. It is also an environmentally friendly alternative, to synthetic and non-renewable products. Here is a closer look at some of the reasons hardwood is King.
- Suitability: The first consideration when choosing a flooring material is what will it look like? Will it match the décor? Hardwood has so many shades, profiles, and surfaces now, you will be certain to find the right look. But even traditional hardwoods fit very well in almost any room design. If you are looking for hardwood in Brisbane, you will be able to find many alternatives that will suit your design choices.
- Ease of Installation: Long ago hardwood installers needed to be specialists, they would take planks and plane them and then go through a lengthy process with lattice underlays and lots of cutting and nailing, Then the boards would need to be finished through another laborious process. Today the manufacturers have made all that a thing of the past, except for cutting them to size. Hardwood is now just as easy to install as the other alternatives.
- Cleanliness: Hardwood installations are usually seamless and smooth and give your floor a beautiful unbroken surface. This makes it harder for dust and allergens to hide. Regular dusting is nearly all the maintenance required. Hardwood makes it easy to keep your home clean and the air fresh.
- Environmentally Friendly: Hardwood grows on trees; if the manufacturers are choosing ethically sourced wood, every time that you purchase a hardwood product you are driving demand for more tree planting and habitat. This makes purchasing hardwood a conscience free decision.
- Investment: In most cases, a hardwood floor installation will last longer than the house it is in. Premium hardwood floors are an excellent investment. And not only are they long lasting, but hardwood is one of the things that home buyers see as a premium asset. Installing hardwood will increase the value of most homes.
In choosing materials for a home build, you will not go wrong by making the decision for hardwood. Even the sound of a room dressed in hardwood is mellow and organic. This is a material with many positive features and is well-loved and appreciated the world over.