Ductwork plays a vital role in keeping your home comfortable and efficient. It delivers heated or cooled air throughout the house and filters out dust, pollen, and other airborne contaminants. But ductwork doesn’t last forever – eventually, it must be replaced. Knowing when it’s time for ductwork replacement in your home can help you avoid expensive repairs and keep your family comfortable all year round. Here are some signs that it may be time to replace your HVAC ducts:
- You have ducts that are more than 20 years old.
- Your ductwork has visible signs of wear and tear, such as cracks or holes.
- The duct system makes strange noises, such as whistling or banging sounds.
- There’s a noticeable decrease in air flow coming from the vents.
- Your energy bills have been rising, and you haven’t changed your habits.
- You can feel drafts coming from ducts or vents in the house.
- You’re noticing higher levels of dust, pollen, and other allergens in the air.
- You’re experiencing an increase in humidity levels inside the home.
Replacing ductwork isn’t a particularly expensive job, but it does require the expertise of an HVAC professional. If you think that your ductwork may be due for replacement, contact your local HVAC technician, and they’ll be able to inspect the system and provide a diagnosis. They can then give you advice on whether ductwork replacement is necessary or if you can get away with a quick repair instead.
No matter what, it’s crucial to address ductwork issues as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more likely the ductwork will need to be replaced, and the higher your energy bills may climb. By staying on top of duct maintenance, you’ll be able to keep your home comfortable and efficient for years to come. Schedule an appointment with your HVAC technician today!